Service Times for Sunday:
9:00 am Worship on the Green – on the South Lawn (bring your lawn chairs)
10:00 am Online on YouTube and Facebook
11:00 am Sanctuary (traditional service) indoors (also live-streamed on YouTube and Facebook)
9/16/2021 COVID-19 Response Update (Resuming Indoor Gatherings & Worship)
Asbury’s leaders have been monitoring closely the level of COVID-19 cases in our area as we follow the guidance of the Arkansas Conference of the UMC (see https://arumc.org/covid19/dashboard/) and the Centers for Disease control. Current levels of COVID-19 in Pulaski County allow us to hold indoor activities.
From the beginning of the pandemic, Asbury has sought to “do no harm,” as Wesley advised. In light of the current level of COVID-19 spread in our area, here are the latest updates to Asbury’s COVID-19 procedures:
We strongly encourage everyone who is eligible to get vaccinated.
Asbury is resuming indoor gatherings with the following protocols and procedures:
- Everyone over 2 years of age must wear masks while in the building, regardless of vaccination status.
- Hand washing and use of hand sanitizing stations is encouraged.
- If you feel ill at all, we strongly encourage you to stay home and worship with us online.
- Physical distancing between households should be observed at all times.
- As long as weather permits, we will worship outdoors at 9AM and indoors at 11AM. Indoor worship services will be livestreamed, and we will continue to provide an online-only worship service each week.
- Pre-registration will not be required for worship; but participants should register at the worship service or other event, using the QR code or signing in with a volunteer. This is for the purposes of contact tracing.
- Children under 12 may attend worship with their families. Childcare will not be available at this time.
- Sunday school classes for youth (12+) and adults may meet indoors, provided masks are worn and physical distancing is observed. If room size prohibits safe distancing, staff can help find a location or alternate time for the class to meet. Classes and groups for adults and youth may also meet outdoors or in online forums like Zoom. Hybrid options are also available. Children under 12 may meet outdoors as long as weather permits.
- ACCDC may continue to meet, following their guidelines.
- No food or drinks will be served indoors at this time.
These protocols are subject to change based on guidance from the Arkansas Conference of the UMC and the CDC. Asbury’s pastors and church staff are working to adapt ministries for all ages to these new protocols. Please check for email and Facebook updates from Asbury on the latest guidance. The situation is dynamic and fluid, and we will monitor and adjust on a week-to-week basis. Thank you for your continued patience and positive response as we all work together to keep our Asbury family safe while worshiping God and caring for one another!
Clark Cogbill, Lay Leader
Ginny Kurrus, Chair of Trustees
Rev. Dr. Hammett Evans, Senior Pastor